Monday, September 19, 2011

Blog #4

I have decided to write my feature article on the 2011 formal sorority recruitment week. I have emailed the Panhellenic President, Ms. Courtney Hooper, to set up an interview time for later in the week. This article would be ideal in an issue of Cosmopolitan or Seventeen (Magazines). My article would be perfect for either of these publications because it deals with an issue that is relevant to their target audience. A good part of my article will be the interview with Ms. Hooper, since that is where most of my research will be from. Most of the interview articles in those magazines are set up with a formal article leading up to an informal question and answer sequence. However, because I have other information besides the interview I am not sure if I will set my article up that way. These publications target girls mostly in their teenage years and early twenties so the tone is typically informal, but the articles still follow the rules of a news article. Because the readers of both Seventeen and Cosmo are typically younger females I would try to keep them interested with a shocking angle to my story. Instead of being a story just about the sorority recruitment I will try to focus on some of the scandals, but I will also show how the Panhellenic council resolved all of those issues quickly. The readers of these publications would most likely be interested in photos of the recruitment week or statistics on how many girls participated, dropped out, and how many are in each sorority. 

1 comment: